I never understood the magnitude of the bliss associated with Kamakhya Devi Temple and after having visited it thanks to a seraphic divine intervention unfolding enabling to obtain Devi Ma's blessings, it makes the experience all the more miraculous and memorable.
We visited Kamakhya Devi temple late on a Saturday evening hoping to get her blessings but unfortunately it was way well past time and all the queues had been closed with no way whatsoever to get in. The temple management completely refused to entertain despite our feverish claims stating we wouldn't be available the next day and we will be missing this golden opportunity. But it was all to no avail.
Despite trying to crack down and talk to multiple folks congregating at the temple, it simply was unyielding. When all hopes were lost, I just decided to give it a final shimmy with a tiny streak of a sliver of hope hoping that something may give but honestly it already felt like a lost battle. Had a cursory glimpse at the Adi Shankara shrine located in the temple precincts and decided at attempting to move the lumber jack for one last time.
First I went up to the securities guarding the queue but they were hard nosed not willing to even budge an inch as they were protecting the fort. And whoever else I turned to for help just turned their backs saying it's neigh impossible to get the Darshan that day and simply dismissed me stating absolutely nothing could be done.
As I was almost on the verge of throwing the towel is when things started happening miraculously. There was an old priest who seemed like he didn't even understand what I was saying. I had a small streak of belief but the hope was dwindling. It almost felt like hoping beyond hope and all I was telling him was to please help with the darshan and that I'll be really grateful. Then we walked together along the congregation of people and the most stunning thing I recall is he didn't even say anything much to the people around. It was pretty evident that he wasn't influential of any kind but that's where the divine started unfolding.
Suddenly from out of the blue, the same security personnel and others around became so kind and were trying to be super helpful to make our wish fulfilled. This is still a mystery and more so when I was panicking thinking that perhaps only I'll be let in and that 2 of my friends who were a distance away having already given up the hope of visiting may not be able to make it, the person guarding the rails calmed me saying you can stand here till they come and then we will let all 3 of you in together.
I was simply stuck in amazement and then after getting inside, the next internal fear playing was that we were not having tickets in our hand and there was a minor fear that we still may not be let inside at the last moment on account of not being able to produce the tickets at the final counter. But then suddenly from out of the blue as we paved our way, one gentleman from nowhere handed us over the tickets before our final entry inside. That was another wonder la moment and we all happened to be the beneficiaries of this beautiful blessing. And ultimately to have experienced the form of Ma Kamakhya Devi from closed doors was bliss unparalleled. The turn of events were miraculously magical to say the least.
Later I came to be aware of the fact that Kamakhya Devi happens to be the only Goddess who's part of the initial and original 4 Adi Shakti Peetha list as well as the savoured treasured 18 Adi Shakti Peethas list canonized by Sri Adi Shankaracharya and also the primary 51 Adi Shakti Peethas based on the body parts severed of Goddess Sati with the body part of Kamakhya being the genitals/womb. Thus, it is a very hallowed place of worship purified by sanctity. There are also 3 of the 10 Dasa Maha Vidyas prevalent in this temple in the form of Ma Kamakhya as Tripura Sundari, Matangi and Kamala.
Knowing the history associated and the divinity infused around this sanctum made this entire experience truly mesmeric which took place on the 30th of August on a Sapthami Tithi in the day of Saturday (Shani Vara) when Anuradha (Anusham) Nakshatra was transiting in the skies. The divine made it happen and ensured we don't return back without paying obeisance and getting the blessings of Devi Ma Kamakhya. In eventuality it appeared like the Divine Mother's Love seemed destined and that she really wanted to bless us on that unforgettable eventful evening.

No comments:
Post a Comment