Thursday, February 28, 2019

Inkum Kavale - The chivalrous Kaapi!

Call me late to the party but I got latched on to the song Inkum Kavale pretty behind time to the mix. The inherent Ilaiyaraaja vintage feel of yesteryear was what smeared me in and you get a zany yet vibrant feel that tailspins on you instantaneously. The number is sashayed with good ol aroma fueled degrees of filter coffee.

Kaapi ragam stands out for me because of the subtle up and down curves as well as the judicious use of alternate notes which usually tends to be the hallmark of most Raaja ish kaapi's. This one by the newcomer Gopi Sundar totally re kindled the good ol fashioned charry charm of Kaapi.

Juxtaposing across notes makes you fall flat unless you've got the grip sorted out through practice and my amateur attempt did see me stumbling a bit on those convoluted potholes. It was however more the joy of attempting this refreshing melody that mattered at the end of the day. Not sure how it came out but it has certainly made me admire and fall in love with this chivalrous coffee (kaapi) composition.


No comments: