Friday, September 25, 2015

Cheesy Juicy Burgers opens at Perungudi

I have heard quite a bit about Cheesy juicy burgers from friends who have claimed that their burgers are economical and great VFM for the size of burgers offered. I have not been fortunate to have sampled them in their older outlets at ECR and Adyar. But, having open an outlet close to my office vicinity, I was waiting to jump the gun and try it out at the soonest and check for myself if all the brouhaha about the place holds good.

This outlet is located bang opposite in between of RMZ-1 and the SP infocity campus. The strategic locale does play to its advantage as there are a truckload of employees working round this area and this burger chain comes as a welcome change to try out something different from the usual and limited options which this surrounding has to offer.

It was a friday afternoon and almost 2 when I was on the lookout for a place to eat when it struck me that it was the ideal time to check CJB out. And having a few ticket vouchers helped as they agree to take in both this and Sodexo passes. The joint is small and has just 4 tables. It has an open entrance and inside the walls are covered with bricked wallpapers and you also find some artifacts hanging on the walls. The seating is very simple containing plastic chairs. There isn't anything really worth mentioning about ambiance but on a relative perspective it scores on the neatness quotient considering the scalor in and around.

The menu is a one page thick bound pamphlet listing the veg and non veg burgers along with the sides. The options on veg are not too bad and apart from roughly 7-8 normal varieties they also have a couple in the special section - one with corn and the other having Mushroom. The ones sans 'special' do not come with cheese and you are required to pay 15 bucks extra for a slice. As I was in the hungry mood I decided to go in for the the Special Mushroom burger which was supposedly coming with a double patty layer. As expected the burger was giant sized and I found it difficult to juggle up with one hand in the process making use of both hands to hold the big brown bun and stuff it into my mouth. The burger was meaty and tall and it was difficult to wallow the entire length in one go thus making it messy. I must confess it's fun to get messy when eating burger because its supposed to be like that. The mushrooms were hidden inside the patty and there were a few onions to go with it. The patty made of aloo was well marinated and had a nice crust to it. The size was big but the filling could have been a wee bit better. Though it was overall pretty good, I felt it lacked the juiciness and the zing of eating a big sized burger was somewhat amiss. However I must say that it is way better than some of the ones offered at other places. Also them being new, it may take a bit of time to get into the groove. One thing however which was disappointing was the lack of french fries served with the burger. Nowdays it's almost taken for granted and more so since I had their special high end burger I did expect a small portion to have along with my burger and sadly I didn't get any.

The service was quick with my burger arriving in a whisker. But personally felt the prices to be on the higher side. The normal veg burgers are all priced at 100 plus and you need to shell out extra on the cheese too making it come upwards to the 150 barrier and the special ones usurp the pricing much further. Most employees working in these giant campuses are given passes of approx 50 bucks to spend on a day and this place seems too far fetched and more so since it's placed in an office dominated area, it relegates itself to a place where people will visit only on a special occasion rather than as a usual lunch/dinner spot. Some balance on the pricing factor should definitely help.

I am not sure how regularly I will be coming here but I will visit whenever feasible to try the other varieties of burgers and sides before coming to a well drawn out conclusion.

No comments: